This past week 99.3% of people in NC posed no threat of passing along COVID-19 to anyone, and more than four out of five (81.8%) adult North Carolinians are estimated to have either vaccine-induced or natural immunity.
A new Carolina Journal Opinion explains why lawmakers interested in limiting the governor’s emergency powers might need to start thinking about 2025. Jon Sanders’ CJ Opinion reminds us that the “unvaccinated” who face so much criticism include those who are naturally immune to COVID-19.
New research finds that barely over half (52%) of Covid patients in the VA during the post-vaccination period were hospitalized for the management of Covid-19 disease. The rest (48%) were in the hospital for some other reason and incidentally found to be infected with SARS-CoV-2.
Carolina Journal Online reports on the General Assembly finalizing a bill blocking the state attorney general from taking part in collusive lawsuit settlements. Ray Nothstine’s CJ Opinion explains why Gov. Roy Cooper’s most recent veto shows that he’s “all in” for support of Critical Race Theory.