Earlier this week, the following groups have presented a teacher pay proposal to the members of a N.C. General Assembly task force:
- NC Parent Teacher Association (NCPTA)
- Professional Educators of NC (PENC)
- NC Association of Educators (NCAE)
- NC Association of School Administrators (NCASA)
- NC School Boards Association (NCSBA)
- NC Justice Center – Education and Law Project
- Public School Forum of NC
- Fund salaries to reflect teachers’ experience and current step on the salary schedule
- Reinstate master’s pay and other advanced degree supplements
- Fully fund all other aspects of the state budget for North Carolina public schools
- Continue educator compensation reform
I have a simple question. How much would it cost to implement the entire plan or even part of the plan?
I know that the NCAE doesn’t care about the cost, but surely the Public School Forum of NC does. After all, the new president and executive director of the organization, Keith Poston, came from the private sector…where costs actually matter.