• No-shows? House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., becomes the most recent member of her party to tell candidates to steer clear of Charlotte’s Democratic National Convention.
• A WSOC-TV investigation looked into the ways several members of North Carolina’s congressional delegation spent money contributed to their campaigns.
• Ninth Congressional District Democratic nominee Jennifer Roberts rushed out of the gate in attacking Republican runoff winner Robert Pittenger.
• Mark Bibbs, a Wilson Democrat running for state House District 8, says Jim Rogers should resign as CEO of Duke Energy for his role in what Bibbs called the “merger fiasco” with Progress Energy.
• A new ad running in North Carolina from the Romney campaign accuses the Obama administration of using stimulus money to outsource investment and jobs.