• It’s runoff day! Be sure to vote early to avoid the last minute-crowds …
• Roll Call newspaper calls North Carolina “the most fertile territory this [election] cycle” to gain seats in Congress. The paper profiles today’s three Republican congressional runoffs (8th, 9th, and 11th districts).
• Some Democrats are starting to blame embattled Duke Energy CEO Jim Rogers for fundraising shortfalls for the Democratic National Convention.
• Rep. Mike McIntyre, D-7th, has a lot of money in the bank for his re-election bid. Republican rival David Rouzer does not.
• Meantime, 11th District Democratic nominee Hayden Rogers looks to enter the general election race with a big fundraising lead over his eventual Republican opponent.
• The Romney campaign releases an ad using television pundits to score points against President Obama.